Menopause is a natural process that takes place after women a certain age limit. It is when the menstrual cycle stops, and the body responds in various ways to this change. Medically speaking, menopause is marked by a decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries.
Most often it occurs after the age of 45 or 50, varying from person to person. Menopause may occur naturally due to aging or premature caused by surgical procedures. In either case, the period is marked by known menopause symptoms. Let’s find what the menopause symptoms are and how black cohosh helps you overcome your issues.
What Are the Menopause Symptoms?
As the females become older, the ovaries start acting peculiarly, and the may find it extremely difficult to cope with the situation. Chills, sleep problems, night sweats, sagging breasts with a reduction in size, weight-related problems, headaches, irregular palpitations, slow metabolism and several others can be noticed. To deal with it, you may seek clinical help and additionally use herbs for menopause. The most common menopause symptoms are:
- Menstruation Cycle: During the initial stages or perimenopause (Premenstrual Syndrome) the body experiences irregular periods. As the menopause resumes, menstrual cycle completely ceases. There is no more period for over a year.
- Mood Swings: Extreme fluctuation in moods is experienced during the later years of your life signifies menopause. It is related to hormonal changes the body experiences, and especially, estrogen secretion. Estrogen increases the production of serotonin which is directly linked to mood swings.
- Menopause Sweating: Night sweats and hot flushes are sure menopause symptoms. According to researchers, deteriorating estrogen levels are responsible for this, and there are 75% women suffer from menopause sweating.
- The decline in Sexual Intercourse: The sex hormones which are responsible for driving the interest (libido) declines after menopause. Due to a decline in hormonal production, you may experience a gradual decline in the interest for sexual intercourse with your partner.
- Vaginal Dryness: Blame it on menopause because it brings severe dryness in the vagina. Irritation, pain, and discomfort are caused by the dryness. Seek medical help to keep your vagina moisturized.
- Breast Size: It is sad how the body and the beautiful parts of the body mass gradually decline as the result of menopause. Opposite cases were also noticed when the breast size increased after menopause. One may also experience soaring breasts and pain.
What Are Ways To Deal With Menopause Symptoms?
The effects of menopause on our health are manifested in loss of sexual desire and major health problems such as osteoporosis, arthritis, cystitis, urinary tract infection, weight gain, emotional stress, and even premature ovarian failure. There is no way you can stop menopause, but you can surely experience a healthy and happy life if you start working towards it. Don’t ignore the early symptoms of menopause, rather, learn how to deal with menopause symptoms.
- Exercise: Wake up early morning and start jogging and exercising regularly. Physical fitness will ensure your mind and body responds well to menopause making it less stressful. Yoga, meditation, exercising will help you in several other ways. It will also help to reduce menopausal belly fat.
- Diet: Dietary changes are required to make up the loss in your body. There are plenty of best ideas for menopausal weight loss, you can have vegetables, fruits and sources of protein in your diet. As the metabolism declines, you should start eating foods which are simple to digest. Food also drives the function of the enzymes and hormones in our body.
- Lifestyle: Eliminate any harmful activities once you learn that your body is aging. Smoking, drinking liquor, irregular sleeping habits only destruct us. Smoking and drinking increase the blood sugar and blood pressure in the body and may cause heart complications.
- Supplements: Menopause means a decline in all important bodily functions. This is when the body does not receive proper food and shows signs of deterioration. You should consult with your doctor and seek supplements if necessary. Green tea, black cohosh and several other natural and organic supplements are well known for treating menopause symptoms.
Black Cohosh: The Miracle Ingredient to Relieve Menopause Symptoms
Black Cohosh is the common name for Actaea racemosa and Cimicifuga racemosa. It is also popularly known as black snakeroot and black bugbane. The roots and rhizomes are used for medicinal purposes. The early German literature proves the use of this medicinal plant to treat menopausal symptoms, painful menstruation, and premenstrual discomfort.
In a recent study done by the researchers from the University Of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) on 120 patients with the menopause symptoms and effects shows the remarkable effect of the herb. In due course of the study, they found that black cohosh is found to be effective to treat the patients. The study has proved that the use of the herb reduced sleep problems, hot flashes and night sweats among the patients.
The scholars have also claimed that the use of black cohosh helps in treating arthritis and osteoporosis. It says that black cohosh helps to “reduce inflammation associated osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.” Osteoporosis is one of the common problems faced due to menopause. Phytoestrogens or plant estrogens present in the miraculous herb prevents bone loss.
In another study, it has been claimed that the use of black bugbane reduces menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS), heart palpitations, vaginal dryness, nervousness, sleep disturbances, uterus fibroids, and vertigo. It is also considered as a safe alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The dietary supplements which contain black cohosh roots and rhizomes are available in the form of pills, liquid and whole herb. Margery Gass at The North American Menopause Society states that there are health risks associated with the use of black cohosh. There are a few cases where black cohosh has been found to be associated with elevated liver enzymes and other problems in the liver. Therefore, always seek the advice of your gynecologist or OB-GYN specialist for recommendation and approval.
Earlier women faced menopause only after hitting 50 or 55, but in the last few years, there were causes of premature menopause. Diseases, therapy, surgery, and lifestyle inevitable control menopause. As you experience any of the symptoms, don’t neglect it and visit your OB-GYN. Additionally, you can use black cohosh as a herbal and organic supplement to combat menopausal symptoms. Let’s take one step forward to healthy aging and menopause.